To celebrate my birthday, today I’m going to share with you my favorite recipe!
So, I am a baker. I love baking to death, and because I always have bananas around the apartment, banana bread is always an easy go to.
Here is my adaptation of Jenny Melrose’s delicious banana bread muffin recipe.
What You’ll Need:
- 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon
- 1/3 cup brown sugar packed
- 1 tbsp of vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease muffin tin with butter or cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, mix together flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon.
- In a large bowl or stand mixer beat together mashed bananas, egg, melted butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar, and vanilla extract. Slowly add your flour mixture into the banana mixture and blend until combined.
- With a spoon, gently fold the chocolate chips into the mixture. Slowly transfer batter into muffin tin, filling the cups 3/4 of the way.
- Bake for 17-19 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean after being inserted into the muffin.
- Let cool for 15-20 minutes and ENJOY!
What’s your favorite recipe? Let me know down below, but in the meantime, I’m going to go eat my birthday muffins!
Peace, love, and everything else,